Tuesday, December 13, 2011

52 Reason Why I Love You

My hubby's birthday was coming up and I always like to make something for him just to let him know how much he means to me and the kids. This year was a hard year for us with a lot of unexpected events happening. We spent a LOT of time in the hosptial (Avera McKennan, in Sioux Falls, SD and Children's Hospital, in St. Paul, MN) due to pre-term labor then a premature baby! 
We spent a lot of our hospital time together playing cards so 
I thought this gift would be perfect gift for him!
The longest part was to come up with 52 reasons! hehe.

Materials Needed:
Deck of Cards
Mod Podge
Paint Brush
Newspaper (to advoid spilling all over table)!
Scissors
Craft Paper or Scrapbooking Paper
Hole Punch
2'' Ring
  • 1st- I typed up my "52 reasons" then printed and cut them out
  • 2nd- I cut out craft paper .5'' bigger than the "reasons"
  • 3rd- I painted Mod Podge on the Card, then attached the craft paper, put another layer or Mod Podge on the Craft Paper, Placed the "reaons" on there and finally did a FINAL COAT of mod podge on the entire card
  • 4th- Place the cards on newspaper and let them dry (allow up to 30 min to competely dry)
  • 5th- Punch hole's in the top left hand corner
  • 6th- Attach all cards together with a ring




No comments:

Post a Comment