My hubby's birthday was coming up and I always like to make something for him just to let him know how much he means to me and the kids. This year was a hard year for us with a lot of unexpected events happening. We spent a LOT of time in the hosptial (Avera McKennan, in Sioux Falls, SD and Children's Hospital, in St. Paul, MN) due to pre-term labor then a premature baby!
We spent a lot of our hospital time together playing cards so
I thought this gift would be perfect gift for him!
The longest part was to come up with 52 reasons! hehe.
Deck of Cards
Newspaper (to advoid spilling all over table)!
Craft Paper or Scrapbooking Paper
- 1st- I typed up my "52 reasons" then printed and cut them out
- 2nd- I cut out craft paper .5'' bigger than the "reasons"
- 3rd- I painted Mod Podge on the Card, then attached the craft paper, put another layer or Mod Podge on the Craft Paper, Placed the "reaons" on there and finally did a FINAL COAT of mod podge on the entire card
- 4th- Place the cards on newspaper and let them dry (allow up to 30 min to competely dry)
- 5th- Punch hole's in the top left hand corner
- 6th- Attach all cards together with a ring