Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Canning Pears

Another new thing for us...(we had lots this past week..) We canned Pears!!! And when I saw we, I mean WE! Me, Ashtyn and Brayden! And for the future I will never do this without them! They were AMAZING, they were such a huge help to me. After me telling them 10 times that I would let them help me next time I finally gave in and let them help me peel pears. I thought them both how and after a few pears I stopped peeling and started cutting! They were whipping right through them it was so awesome doing this together. We talked and laughed and had a great time!
Here is how we did it!
 
This was such an awesome experience to do with the kids we had so much fun and we all learned so much. I can't wait to do this again.
 
Oh and a little update: The next day Brayden had some of our pears for lunch he looked and me and said, "Mommy these are better than the Pizza Ranch pears"! <--Just an FYI Pizza Ranch pears used to be his favorite!
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment