Wednesday, September 19, 2012

the Thankful Tree

Brayden and I have been working on the letter L this week. I saw something similar to this on pintrest and loved it. (This was also on my fall bucket list, yahoo for checking it off)!
While we were in Marshall shopping I picked up this cute vase at Walmart for $5.00.
I also borrowed the cute scallop punches then Brayden and I went out and collected a bunch of sticks in a grove behind our house. We got home and Brayden helped me punch holes in the "leafs" and arrange the sticks in the vase.
The Thankful Tree
Sticks, vase, scrapbooking paper, twine (we ended up not using it but it was to tie the leafs' on the tree) scallop punch, scissors and hole punch

 
 I explained to him what this tree meant and what it was for. We each wrote 3 things we were thankful for on the leaf. Then he hung the leafs' on the tree.

What are you thankful for?

Hanging up the leaf on the tree

 
When Ashtyn got home he couldn't wait to tell her about it. He calls it the "Thank You Tree" she thought this was pretty awesome too! She wrote a few of her own down on the leafs' and hung them on the tree then went out to play. Not long later a few of the neighbor friends came in with her. Went straight to the counter that the tree was on and they were writing things they were thankful for and hanging them on the tree. My heart was filled with so much joy. What an awesome ministry this has become. Ashtyn was sharing Jesus with them and they were so excited about it!

We have had this tree for a few weeks now and it has been so fun to watch the kids write on the leafs'. The first few days I would ask them during dinner what they were thankful for and then it became a habit. We will be playing or crafting and they will say, Oh I have something to write on a leaf! It's amazing. God is so good and it is so wonderful to see that joy in their hearts too.
This has been the most rewarding project we have done together.
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment